Today, successful fundraising is not simply raising money. Real fundraising success means reaching your full potential. Any organization can attract support. But Hartsook clients are raising the most money. Success Stories
Hartsook is a leader in the fundraising profession, with the only named, endowed chair in fundraising in the world – the Robert F. Hartsook Chair in Fundraising at Indiana University, Hartsook Institutes for Fundraising, and the Hartsook Centre for Sustainable Philanthropy. Contact Us
Smart. Superior. Strategies.
Your nonprofit organization can raise more money. Over $390 billion was given away last year. Expert, committed and research-based fundraising counsel and management help Hartsook clients get their share. Advancing fundraising for your organization is our mission – so you can advance your mission. Hartsook has raised $231 billion and counting for a wide variety of nonprofits – 6,000 worldwide. Contact us now to see how we can help you reach your full potential.
December 12, 2017
Receiving, Giving, and Celebrating
Here are three tips for receiving, giving, and celebrating:
We’ve all been taught or understood that it is better to give than to receive, but when it comes to money following the mission, we must first “receive” the information that donors are willing to give. We also need to receive the success stories of individuals served by the organization. We need to seek out and receive the important messages the community is sending on what they think about the nonprofit and its mission.
Once we’ve listened, and received these stories and information, then – and only then – have we earned the opportunity to ask for financial support for the organization’s mission. In asking for gifts, we are aware of the opportunity we are giving donors to make a difference. If we are demonstrating outcomes, money will follow the mission.
After receiving client and donor stories and connecting donors with meaningful opportunities to make a difference, it’s time to celebrate. Celebrating means more than acknowledging a gift, it means making an equally meaningful expression of appreciation. It means sharing our joy for what is being accomplished because of a gift.
By receiving, giving, and celebrating, we can continue to connect with donors on a more personal level. This season, let’s remember that the mission comes first; and money follows the mission.
Join Us on the Growing Philanthropy Tour
Next stops on the road to achieving Hartsook’s mission of growing philanthropy by 25 percent in the next 20 years:
Resources for Smart Fundraising Available on Kindle
Keep up to date on the latest fundraising trends with the Kindle ASR Media collection:
- Reality Fundraising – Ideas, insights and lessons learned through hundreds of best practices from nonprofit professionals nationwide by Bob Hartsook
- Fundraising Leadership – The definitive source for empowering board members to become pro-active fundraising leaders by Karin L. Cox
- Getting Your Ducks in a Row – A tool box of strategies for effective campaign fundraising by Bob Hartsook
- Million Dollar Gifts – Real-life stories of million-dollar gifts that will amaze and inspire your fundraising by Bob Hartsook
- Closing that Gift – “29 secrets” to closing a gift and avoiding the top 10 solicitation mistakes by Bob Hartsook
- Performance-Driven Fundraising – Handy, yet entertaining reference tool for new and seasoned fundraisers by Matthew J. Beem
- Nobody Wants to Give Money Away! – Stories, humor and more than two decades of fundraising experience in which Bob explores the nine fundraising truths essential to success by Bob Hartsook
- On The Money! – An enlightening collection of success stories and lessons learned from nonprofit fundraising campaigns nationwide by Bob Hartsook
- $231 Billion Raised and Counting – by Bob Hartsook, Matthew J. Beem, Karin Cox and over a dozen Hartsook consultants and clients. Hartsook shares stories and “Strategies for Success” that will educate and inspire
Hartsook President and CEO Matthew J. Beem’s book Performance-Driven Fundraising: Taking Control of Your Success shares decades of fundraising insights and features campaign success stories. Performance-Driven Fundraising will help accelerate anyone’s learning curve and serve as a valuable reference tool for new and seasoned fundraisers. Go here for a special price of $10 (plus shipping and handling).
On the Web
Blogs and articles. President and CEO Matthew J. Beem and Founder and Chairman Bob Hartsook regularly share simple, but powerful messages about philanthropy, fundraising and the power of relationships.
Facebook: Become a Fan and a Friend. Fundraising tips, event photos, news and updates – see what’s new at Hartsook by becoming a fan of us on Facebook. Friend Hartsook Founder and Chair Bob Hartsook, CEO Matthew J. Beem, and Chief Creative Officer Karin Cox for even more updates!
Visit the Hartsook website for:
– Educational opportunities
– Books/reference articles
– Conference/workshop speakers
Strategies for Success explores smart ideas, connecting with thousands of fundraising professionals. We welcome your best practices contributions or comments. Send to Strategies for Success editor Karin Cox, [email protected]. If you’d like a free subscription to Strategies for Success or its monthly companion, eHartsook on Philanthropy, contact [email protected].